Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Springing Forward

I apologize for disappearing for such a long stretch.  My "day job" was keeping me quite busy but when my position was eliminated Mr. Dashing offered me the opportunity to focus fully on my writing and art.  I can't imagine a happier downsized person than me.  I am still looking for work but I'm staying in my fields of art and writing rather than the clerical, secretarial and education related work that I did in the past.  I do still enjoy teaching but as teachers know, it leaves little time for anything else.  I do hope to volunteer in an educational program or two.

That is written in the future tense because just now I am being kept very busy planning a wedding, my wedding.  Mr. Dashing and I have been engaged for well over a year and at one time I believed that meant I'd get everything in order months and months ahead of time.  Alas, this was not to be.  So now I am frantically addressing envelopes and wrestling with the complexities of which flowers are in season and what they each mean... with the wedding less than two months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment